Warning: Illegal string offset 'debug' in /home3/mixinus/public_html/coh/wp-content/plugins/allow-php-in-posts-and-pages/allowphp.php on line 18
It has been applied internally and externally as a remedy for various kinds of medical conditions and ailments.
Castor oil’s high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids is believed to be the reason for its remarkable health benefits. Even though it has an unpleasant, nauseating taste, it is widely used to treat minor and major illnesses.
What Are the Everyday Health Benefits of Castor Oil?
This oil from castor bean seeds is applied to many health problems that you often encounter on a daily basis, such as:
- Constipation – As an alternative remedy, castor oil is a very effective laxative. It provides temporary relief to diarrhea and constipation.
- Ringworm – Undecylenic acid, which is one of the active compounds of castor oil, helps fight ringworm, a fungal infection.
- Skin Problems – Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, which delivers anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. It provides treatment for minor cuts, burns, abrasions, sunburn and prevents skin disorders such as acne and eczema. Aside from these, one of the benefits of castor oil is in skin conditioning. It serves as a natural emollient, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin that hydrates and moisturizes the skin. It treats wrinkles, repairing and rejuvenating the skin to make it look flawless and smoother. When applied regularly, castor oil also helps diminish dark circles under your eyes.
Aside from these, natural castor oil also treats yeast infections, gastrointestinal problems, migraines, menstrual disorder, and athlete’s foot.
Castor Oil Supports Treatment of Major Health Problems
Castor oil is a remedy for more serious health conditions, which include:
- Labor Induction – Castor oil is used to induce labor in pregnant women. Note to seek consultation with your doctor first before ingesting the oil as it may bring potential side effects to the mother and to the baby.
- Sciatic Nerve Pain – The oil relieves sciatia, a painful condition characterized by lower back pains and soreness in your lower limbs.
- Hair Loss – One of the therapeutic benefits of castor oil is in hair growth treatment. Castor oil helps increase hair growth and makes hair healthier, softer, shinier and fuller.
- Arthritis – Castor oil acts as a natural remedy for arthritis. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps massage arthritic joints and sore, tired muscles.
- Lymph Problems – Another medical benefit of the oil is in lymph treatment. Castor oil stimulates the activity of the lymph system, which is responsible for eliminating the body’s metabolic wastes.
- Tumors – By placing a castor oil pack (a piece of flannel soaked in castor oil) over a tumor, it can help reduce the appearance of tumors in your body.
In addition, castor oil is also believed to deliver medical benefits to certain neurological problems, such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy.
With the many health benefits of castor oil, it is no wonder why it is one of the most beneficial oils that are available for us to use. Castor oil is truly a valuable, organic remedy that can help improve your body’s physical fitness, vigor and overall wellness.
Do you want to find out more about castor oil? Check out the next article -> The Annual World Production of Castor Oil
Thank you for reading Health Benefits of Castor Oil.